The Brown Family House offers great affordable living in the heart of Brookline. Catch up with friends in the pocket park right on bustling Harvard Street, connect with your fellow residents at a lifelong learning event in our inviting ground floor, check-in with our friendly 2Life staff or enjoy a quiet moment in your fully-equipped apartment, each day offers a new experience
There is no better neighborhood in the United States for an older adult to live in [than Coolidge Corner]. - Len Fishman, Director of UMass-Gerontology
60 apartments for residents ages 62 and older*
*Note: 2 additional apartments designated for live-in staff members
50 one-bedroom apartments (3 mobility impaired; 1 sensory impaired)
10 two-bedroom apartments (1 mobility impaired; 1 sensory impaired)
49 apartments for those with low-income levels that meet guidelines for subsidized housing
8 apartments for those with moderate-income levels that meet guidelines for subsidized housing
3 apartments – unrestricted and priced below market
*Information contained herein subject to change without notice. Use and occupancy restrictions apply.
**New income guidelines will be released in Spring 2020.
- Avg. 1BR - 600 sf and Avg. 2BR - 815 sf
- AMI = Area Median Income for 2019. Households must fall below gross annual income.
- Please inquire in advance for reasonable accommodations.
- The following preferences apply: homeless, domestic violence, and applicants with disabilities. Section 8 Mobile Vouchers accepted.
About the Brown Family House
The Harold and Ronald Brown Family House, a state of the art, sustainable building will offer contemporary, fully-equipped apartments, 2Life’s award-winning programs and services, and inviting common areas.
The Brown Family House will be connected to Congregation Kehillath Israel (KI) and in addition to 2Life programs, KI and its campus partners will offer social, wellness and educational programs to the wider community, welcoming people of all ages and backgrounds. Brown Family House residents will also have access to the programs and services offered around the corner at the Brookline Senior Center.
- Fully equipped kitchens with quartz countertops and dishwashers
- Adaptable kitchen and bathroom design
- Individually controlled central A/C and heat
- Cable/internet ready
- Keyless entry and video intercom
- Community living room with fireplace
- Building with two elevators
- Multi-purpose room and card room
- Washer/Dryer on every floor
- Ground floor public WiFi
- 6th floor balcony
- Beautiful public pocket park and private courtyard
- Connection to Congregation Kehillath Israel
- Community-oriented ground floor retail
Award-Winning Programs and Services
- 24-hour emergency on-site staff response
- On-site highly-qualified staff provide resident services including benefits coordination, translation services, fitness classes, wellness services, cultural, social and intergenerational programs
- Brookline Senior Center provides gym, computer lab, music classes, daily congregate meals, HELP referral service, and frequent celebrations
- Nearby geriatric primary care medical practice and senior-friendly hair stylists
- Popular dining, coffee shops, grocery stores, boutiques, an independent bookstore, pharmacies, Coolidge Corner Theater, houses of worship and more
- Great Transit Access! MBTA Green Line (B&C) and 66 Bus route
- Additional scheduled vans from 2Life, Town Elderbus and TRIPPS transportation assistance
- Ride Share on-site
- Please note: no resident parking available
The application period is open from February 14, 2020 to May 1, 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TO LEASING OFFICE OR POSTMARKED BY MAY 1, 2020 AT 5:00PM.
There will be two public information sessions. Applications and language interpretation will be available at the information sessions.
Information Session 1:
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Brookline Library- Main Branch, 361 Washington St, Brookline, MA
Information Session 2:
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Brookline Senior Center, 93 Winchester St, Brookline, MA
The lottery will be held on May 21, 2020 at 1:00pm at the Brookline Library- Main Branch, 361 Washington St, Brookline, MA. Attendance is not required and will have no impact on the lottery.
For application and leasing information:
Valeriia Lendel, Leasing Coordinator
40 Wallingford Road, Brighton MA 02135
Cindy Katzeff, Executive Director
Brown Family House: A 2Life Community
370 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446
Cindy is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, and practiced law for twenty-two years before joining 2Life, first as the Director of Resident Services at our Coleman House, and then as the Director of Village Centers for the organization. She also served as the Manager for all Senior Adult Programming at the JCC from 2008 to 2014. Cindy has a B.S. from St. Anselm College, a J.D. from Suffolk University Law School, and a Certificate in Change Leadership from Cornell University.