Position Title: Wait Staff
Reports To: Dining Room Supervisor
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse resident as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have five campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future.
Wait Staff are responsible for carrying out duties to greet, wait on table, and bus tables for independent elder residents and their families or guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Arrives at work in advance of the start of assigned work shift in order to be in Wait Staff uniform and washed up in advance of the start of shift and in proper PPE per 2Life's COVID-19 Staff Protocols
- Completes all side work assignments and is prepared for shift
- Uses Point of Sale System (POS) properly and requests additional training if needed
- Serves meals in a friendly and professional manner
- Follows procedures to assure that dining room(s) and service stations are maintained sanitary at all times
- Understands daily menu through active participation in the pre-meal meeting
- Effectively communicates information to residents and other customers regarding flavor, availability, presentation and preparation of meals
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all diners in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents
- Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A minimum of 1 year serving experience
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be dependable, and have a warm and caring attitude towards older adults
- Must be willing to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Basic ability to problem solve, accept direction and utilize supervision to enhance work performance
- Must be able to relate and work well with older adults
- Must adhere to 2Life's COVID-19 Staff Protocols
- Must be aware of and compliant with the OSHA and HACCP guidelines
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be physically able to twist, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, climb stairs, lift and carry equipment and supplies to a minimum of shoulder height weighing up to 30 lbs
- Must have physical stamina to complete job related tasks
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.