Reports To: Dining Room Supervisor
Status: Temporary Part-time
Wait Staff are responsible for carrying out duties to greet, wait on table, and bus tables for independent elder residents and their families or guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrives at work in advance of the start of assigned work shift in order to be in Wait Staff uniform and washed up in advance of the start of shift.
- Completes all side work assignments and is prepared for shift
- Uses Point of Sale System (POS) properly and requests additional training if needed
- Serves meals in a friendly and professional manner
- Follows procedures to assure that dining room(s) and service stations are maintained sanitary at all times
- Understands daily menu through active participation in the pre-meal meeting
- Effectively communicates information to residents and other customers regarding flavor, availability, presentation and preparation of meals
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all diners in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents
- Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Must be physically able to twist, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, climb stairs, lift and carry equipment and supplies to a minimum of shoulder height weighing up to 30 lbs. Must have physical stamina to complete job related tasks. Must be aware of and compliant with the OSHA guidelines.
Must be a minimum of 16 years old. Must be able to work a flexible schedule. Must be dependable, and have a warm and caring attitude towards older adults. Must be willing to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team. Basic ability to problem solve, accept direction and utilize supervision to enhance work performance. Must be able to relate and work well with older adults.
A minimum of 1 year serving experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com; by fax to (617) 912-8469, or by mail to Human Resources, 2Life Communities, 30 Wallingford Road, Brighton, MA 02135. For further information about 2Life Communities and its Shillman House, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org. 2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.