Highlights of the Union Hospital Redevelopment
- The Union Hospital Redevelopment will create 150 units of housing for older adults 62 years and better, with extensive amenity, program, and outdoor spaces to support 2Life’s mission that our residents should age affordably and live well in a vibrant community setting.
- The proposed development is broken into three interconnected 5-story houses that lower in height to 4-stories along the Dartmouth Street side of the site. The ground floor will feature the residential entry, program spaces for residents, a cafe, and 5,000 square feet for a public plaza off of Lynnfield Street.
- The existing South Building of Hospital will be retrofitted into a PACE Center dedicated to supporting the healthcare needs of our residents and older adults living in the broader Lynn community to be operated by Element Care, a PACE provider based in Lynn. The PACE program provides innovative in-home medical and support services to frail older adults so they can continue to age in community instead of requiring nursing home care.
- The center of the site will hold a private courtyard for residents and 40,000 sf of public green space and intergenerational play areas. The proposed development seeks to preserve the existing trees and planting buffer that currently sit between the Union Hospital building and residential neighbors.
- The majority of the required parking will be covered and located under the building with minimal surface parking along Lynnfield St. at the residential drop off and at the entry for the PACE center off of Woodlawn Ave.
- The proposed site plan also anticipates a possible phase 2 in the future that would add an additional house with 55 units of senior affordable housing to the site.
Architecture, Landscape, Planning and Engineering Services are being provided by MASS Design Group.
Union Hospital Campus Site Plan
Union Hospital Conceptual Site Plan