Title: Safety and Security Program Manager
Reports To: Director of Facilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Evaluate all aspects of emergency management (mitigation preparation, response, recovery / resiliency, develop best practices and implement across all campuses – with a focus on continual process improvement.
· Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters/emergencies (e.g., hurricane, fire, gas leak, threatening person, etc.), and in recovery from these events.
· Maintain and update all resource materials associated with emergency preparedness plans.
· Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations.
· Prepare emergency situation status reports that describe response and recovery efforts, needs, and preliminary damage assessments.
· Design and administer (or outsource) emergency/disaster preparedness training courses that teach people how to effectively respond to major emergencies and disasters.
· Review, update and implement security measures for all 2Life Community campuses through the use of access control, key management and other related programs.
· Determines appropriate use of surveillance in compliance with 2Life Communities Mission and values.
· Review, update, and implement safety programs to include; safety inspections, responses to workplace accidents, hazard communication program, and others as needed.
· Review, update and manage the Emergency Notification Alert Systems for each campus.
· Develop and maintain liaisons with municipalities, county departments, and similar entities in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel and equipment.
· Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency or security breach , as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
· Apply for federal funding for emergency management and security related needs; administer such grants and report on their progress.
· Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency management and security in order to learn new information and to develop working relationships with others.
· Develop instructional and reference materials for staff and residents in order to provide information on emergency plans and security practices.
· Develop and manage budget associated with all safety and security programs.
· Establishes strong partnerships with local police, fire, and emergency management officials.
· Performs additional duties, as needed
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Proficient with computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Can successfully navigate through organizational channels, & maneuver through complex sensitive situations.
· High School diploma or GED is required.4 year Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
· 3 -5 years experience in emergency preparedness. Professional Security Certification such as CPP, PSP, or CHPA (preferred).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - None
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Must be physically able to twist, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, climb stairs, lift and carry equipment and supplies to a minimum of shoulder height weighing up to 30 lbs.
· Must have physical stamina to complete job related tasks throughout the workday.
· Must be aware of and compliant with the OSHA guidelines and aware of rules for handling potentially hazardous or infectious materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.Employee Referral Program
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.