Title: Resident Services Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Resident Services
Location: Golda Meir House, Newton, MA
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Resident Services Coordinator provides individual residents and their families with support to access social services, assists in resolving tenancy problems and follows up on resident issues as determined by the Resident Services Director. This position includes development of contacts with service providers and agencies for resident referrals, participation in periodic resident assessments for identifying social, psychological, cognitive and physical capabilities, and participation in discharge planning for residents leaving hospital or rehab prior to returning to their residence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works in conjunction with Resident Services Director and Resident Services Team to identify and meet residents’ needs:
- Conduct periodic (initial, quarterly, annual) assessments of residents’ social, psychological, cognitive and physical status and develop a plan to address needs.
- Participate in Housing and Health Care Integration Initiatives.
- Monitor the delivery of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
- Respond to resident emergency calls with other staff (during scheduled work hours).
- Educate, assist, and advise residents and their families of available services and resources, both within 2Live Communities and in the community.
- Advocate on behalf of residents for adequate, timely, and cost effective provision of services; meet with service providers as needed.
- Work with residents to resolve conflicts and engage supportive services as needed.
- Maintain communication with Resident Services Director, Resident Services Team and Site Staff to ensure understanding and consistency in staff-resident relationships.
- Act as a liaison between community agencies, service providers, and residents.
- Pursue avenues for additional services through private, local, state, and federal sources.
- Document and maintain confidential files of all significant contacts with residents, social service providers, medical providers and families; provide information to Resident Services Director as needed for HUD and other reporting, and update 2Life Communities database regularly.
- Coordinate care across medical providers for residents who request that support, and participate in discharge planning with residents, families and hospital or rehab team to ensure a safe transition back to home with necessary services in place.
- Assist residents in building informal and formal support networks among themselves and with community organizations.
- Collaborates with 2Life Communities Fitness/Wellness Director on falls prevention and similar initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Work in conjunction with Resident Services Director and Resident Services Team on 2Life Communities initiatives, including but not limited to care coordination, housing and health care integration, logic models, and database implementation.
- Assist and support Group Services Coordinator with resident programs as needed.
- Support staff and/or residents at other 2Life Communities locations with issues requiring clinical expertise on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Resident Services.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Masters or Baccalaureate Degree, with concentration in Social Work, Gerontology, or other related fields. MSW/LCSW preferred.
- Resident Services Coordinator Certification or willingness to attain this within the first year of employment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in working with older adults, understanding of healthy aging process and dementia. Experience working with older adults in senior living or human services organization preferred.
- Must enjoy working with older adults, and demonstrate an understanding of and interest in working with multi-cultural groups.
- High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office products, database software, interface with visual and audio equipment and internet.
- Collaborative work style; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- No supervisory responsibility
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office environment
- Ability to walk throughout the building.
- Schedule based on the needs of the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.