Position: Program Bilingual Support, Chinese
Reports To: Programs Development Manager
Campus: Golda Meir House located in Newton, MA
Part-time 3 hours/week
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Joyful Connections is an afternoon social drop-in program for residents who are experiencing memory loss. The intent of this meaningful program is to promote social connections, inspire creativity, and cultivate a sense of purpose. Physical activity, with adaptations for this population, is one of the essential program components. After preparation and consumption of a healthy snack, there are rotating activities to encourage purposeful engagement based on art, music, nature, memories, the five senses, food, travel, and other topics.
Joyful Connections will operate at the Golda Meir House in Newton, 2 pm-3:30 pm, Tuesday and Friday.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a cooperative spirit
- Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and English speaking skills
- Value and embrace the culture of 2Life Communities
- Experience working with older adults, especially those with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia is preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Golda staff members and therapists during the Joyful Connections program (help with snack preparation, distribute supplies to residents, etc.);
- Interpreting in Cantonese and Mandarin dialects;
- Working closely with Joyful Connections staff members to monitor residents’ behavior and to solicit new ideas and feedback;
- Maintaining communication with Golda staff members to ensure understanding and consistency in staff-resident relationships;
- Collaborating with Golda staff members to maintain friendly and positive environment for participants;
- Helping participants with any tasks that they’re unable to perform due to physical limitations;*
- Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants may send resume and or questions to Molly McKenna, Programs Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis