Title: Payroll & HR Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Location: Brighton, MA with ability to travel to our other campuses
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse resident as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have four campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, detail oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills to join us on our exciting journey.
The Payroll & HR Coordinator is a hands-on role that provides operational and administrative support to the 2Life Communities Human Resources department and our employees. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
Successful candidates will be responsible for: data input, reporting and ongoing maintenance of our ADP HRIS system. They will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of biweekly payroll input and output, including any special report writing and generation that is needed. Will maintain the confidentiality of all employee, department, and organization information and ensure compliance with the Massachusetts Data Security Law.
- Ensure data integrity in HRIS (ADP) systems
- Daily maintenance of HRIS systems: entering new employees, issuing time cards, and updating employee information, benefits enrollments, etc.
- Compiling all new-hire data and entering into HRIS (ADP) systems
- Coordination of efforts between the finance department and the human resources department, to ensure proper flow of maintenance of employee data
- Audit employee changes made by human resources within the HRIS system
- Responsible for the preparation of biweekly payroll
- Work with managers to resolve timecard discrepancies
- Coordinate with managers, using time tracking tools, to ensure employees are entering time correctly
- Completing and distributing reports as needed by managers
- Provide frequent management and employee support regarding payroll, benefits, scheduling, etc.
- Assist employees with benefits orientation
- Conduct administration portion of new-hire orientation
- Assist with talent acquisition as necessary (new hire orientations, interview schedules and coordination)
- Liaison with department managers for administration of name-tags and timekeeping instruction
- Complete employment and payroll verifications
- Organize all HR department records and employment files
- Maintain company organization charts
- Maintain several HR files related to workers compensation, LOA, etc.
- Assist with the coordination of on-site trainings and information as needed
- Assist with coordination of benefit communications and Open Enrollment meetings
- Assist with other projects as assigned; support the HR team as neede
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- You are a strong communicator (written and spoken) and are able to work graciously with a wide range of people
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Documents
- Previous experience with payroll systems and HRIS, current system ADP experience preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws as they relate to HR, employment, and payroll issues
- You are great at diagnosing problems using your critical thinking skills and then devising effective solutions
- You enjoy people
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times and available to be a front line contact for employee issues
- You are highly adaptable to changing priorities and can adeptly pivot to meet emerging needs in a fast-paced environment. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- You are able to apply the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information that you may receive
- You have a strong passion and drive for 2Life’s Mission
- 3+ years’ exposure to human resources functions
- You pay elevated attention to detail. Accuracy is essential.
- You enjoy variety in your job
- You are a quick-learning self-starter who is comfortable jumping into a new situation and making a difference
- You are highly organized and love organizing the world around you
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.