Position: Resident Services Assistant
Reports To: Resident Services Coordinator
Status: Regular, Part-time, 5 hours/week
Location: Brighton Campus
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse resident as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have four campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Regular upkeep of the Resident Services files (purge files of unnecessary items; remove files of tenants who have moved out, moving information for tenants who have transferred; shredding files as needed)
- Delivery to all or specific units information that needs to be disseminated to all or specific units
- Updating of bulletin boards (taking down old items and putting up new ones; keeping bulletin boards in orderly manner)
- Assistance at resident services events (help with set-up; food, etc.)
- Shredding of other unneeded resident services material
- Maintain database of resident participation in programs
- Maintain the English Language Library
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Great communication skills
- Ability to be positive and supportive of our residents
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.