Position Title: Occupancy Specialist II
Compensation: Exempt, $47,000-$53,000 based on experience
Full-time, benefits eligible
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
- Robust medical and dental plan
- Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- And more!
The Occupancy Specialist II manages the 2Life Compliance team in performing applicant/resident certification and recertification processing for Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and other government subsidies in a timely fashion. This position will also have the responsibility to assist the Leasing Coordinator to more efficiently qualify, show, and lease vacant units as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Processes resident-related income and asset verification and complete the timely recertifications, partnering with the Compliance Supervisor to meet deadlines.
- Conducts timely monthly voucher processing.
- Conducts in-person interviews with tenants and applicants, with an ability to effectively communicate the rent determining process.
- Communicates with prospective applicants to explain the applicant selection process, conducts in-person interviews to collect documentation, shows available units, and prepares move-in paperwork.
- Maintains accurate and complete manual tenant files and ensures electronic copies.
- Acts as a resource for the guidance of this functioning to less experienced 2Life Compliance staffers.
- Management may ask the Occupancy Specialist II to assist at other 2Life campuses.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Three years in property management and compliance for affordable residential communities is required
- Certification for processing Section 8 and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit subsidies required
- Fair Housing certification required
- Experience with RealPage’s OneSite, and industry-based software
- Highly proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Enormously skilled in math, problem-solving, and interpersonal interviewing
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, well organized, team orientated with the ability to work flexibly in order to manage multiple responsibilities at the same time
- The person in this role must be customer friendly to positively “sell” the 2Life Community as future housing
- Bilingual skills in English/Russian or English/Chinese preferred
- Demonstrates capacity to respect and support older adults to live independent and dignified lives regardless of physical ability.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job—the intent is not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.