Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have four campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future. The Marketing Coordinator is a new position that will provide more clarity and focus on our communication needs in support of our strategic plan.
The marketing coordinator will support the Chief Marketing Officer and will take an active role in managing systems and resources, leading the effective use of the CRM for marketing at 2Life, organizing and managing communications and data procurement projects, and curating marketing content.
The Marketing Coordinator will have opportunities, through shadowing, materials review and training, to learn:
- 2Life brand and products
- Opus concept, programming and design
- Marketing and sales protocols
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Fully learn and understand Sales Force and marketing/sales protocols for the CRM.
- Serve as a resource for all 2Life marketing team members on CRM use and interface with IT and other departments to troubleshoot CRM problems and change requests.
- Support the CMO in managing communications initiatives, schedules, and budgets.
- Complete special projects to support planning (collection of information, data, etc.)
- Manage 2Life’s communications assets (photo library, printed material inventory, etc.) to provide easy accessibility and availability of materials.
- Organize documentation, files and versioning for communications projects.
- When requested, lead or participate in content production and content management projects, including writing, collateral, presentations, video, website updates, social media, etc.
- Provide interim support for Opus Early Interest List marketing (lead intake, CRM entry, follow up, mailing and events.)
- Support CMO in the logistics of recruiting, onboarding and training marketing and sales teams.
- Learn and participate in evaluating the sales function, tracking report data and trend analysis.
- Coordinate mailings through MailChimp.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3 years successful work experience
- High energy and happy in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with both people and data
- Organized and efficient multi-tasker
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite, database software, social media platforms
- Exceptional communicator and team player
- Affinity for older adults and their families
- Desire to contribute meaningfully to helping people live better
- Will help supervise external resources and will support CMO in generating reports on performance and productivity
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.