Position Title: Maintenance Clerk
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
Campus: Brighton, MA
Compensation: Nonexempt, $20
Full-time, benefits eligible
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
- Robust medical and dental plan
- Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- And more!
The Maintenance Clerk performs general administrative office work to support the Maintenance Department, including answering telephones, compiling work order requests, and maintaining files and logs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Answers telephones and documents all pertinent call information. Responsible for documentation of incoming calls and filing to applicable message logs. Ensures lines are kept open and available for resident requests.
- Accepts incoming resident calls and completes computerized work orders
- Compiles work order requests for issuance to staff
- Edits and maintains work order files
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Responsible for the maintenance of multi-building access control, including residents, visitors, and contractors
- Dispatches maintenance work orders to appropriate staff
- Trains new and temporary staff on duties including answering telephones, entering work order requests in computer, and related clerical duties
- Maintains the logs for pest control, fire and medical alarms, telephone, visitor, snow removal, and other related records
- Provides administrative support for the Maintenance Director and the department
- Secures office and office equipment at the end of each day
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs additional duties, as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma, GED, or vocational training and 1-2 years of administrative experience, preferably in the field of maintenance
- Communication skills
- General computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Work Space
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Russian and Chinese is preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Normal office environment
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis