Position Title: Kitchen Utility
Campus: Shillman House, Framingham
Part-time (28 hours/week), benefits eligible
Compensation: $17 per hour
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
- Robust medical and dental plan
- Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Personal and floating holidays
- And more!
The Kitchen Utility position supports janitorial and kitchen tasks, such as bussing tables, washing dishes and appliances, emptying trash receptacles, scrubbing floors, restocking items, and performing other tasks to ensure the kitchen dining areas are clean and prepared for guests. Kitchen Utility maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and prep foods as needed. Responsible for keeping the dish area free of clutter and organized. This role will also assist in food prep and additional duties assigned by the supervisor as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Set up and maintain dishwashing station
- Wash pots, pans, utensils, and all other equipment used in the preparation of meals
- Keep the entire kitchen clean, free and clear of debris
- Remove all garbage from kitchen and dining room
- Sweep and mop floor daily, and more frequently if needed
- Clean interior and exterior of refrigerators and freezers
- Receive and store deliveries
- Rotate stock
- Help in food preparation as needed
- Help with packaging meals
- Reheat and serve meals on weekends and holidays
- Set up/break down serving area and dining room if needed
- Perform additional duties, as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Maturity, reliability, and desire to grow
- Must be proficient in English
- Be flexible
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Stand for up to 8 hours
- Lift items weighing between 10 to 50 pounds
- Constant bending and reaching as high as 8 feet, using step ladder if necessary
- Walk and deliver meals through overheated hallways
- Handle equipment at temperatures as high as 500 degrees
- Handle temperatures as low as ten below zero
- Handle knives and other sharp objects appropriately and safely
- Withstand having your hands submerged in water for up to 5 hours a day
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.