Reports To: Chef Manager
Status: Temporary Part Time: Saturdays 12:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. and Sundays 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
For the duration of approximately 5 weeks: Saturday August 3, 2019 through Sunday September 8, 2019.
Essential Job Functions
• Set up and maintain dishwashing station.
• Wash pots, pans, utensils and all other equipment used in the preparation of meals.
• Keep entire kitchen clean, free and clear of debris.
• Remove all garbage from kitchen and dining room
• Sweep and mop floor daily, and more frequently if needed.
• Clean interior and exterior of refrigerators and freezers.
• Receive and store deliveries.
• Rotate stock.
• Help in food preparation as needed.
• Help with packaging meals.
• Reheating and serving meals on a weekend and holidays.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Maturity, reliability and desire to grow. Must be proficient in English
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
• stand for up to 8 hours
• lift items weighing between 10 to 50 pounds
• constant bending and reaching as high as 8 feet, using step ladder if necessary
• walk and deliver meals through overheated hallways
• handle equipment at temperatures as high as 500 degrees
• handle temperatures as low as 10 below zero
• handle knives and other sharp objects appropriately and safely
• withstand having your hands submerged in water up to 5 hours a day
• set up/break down serving area and dining room if needed
• be flexible
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.