Position Title: Housekeeping Team Member
Reports To: Assistant Director
Compensation: Nonexempt, $16.40/hour
Part-time, benefits eligible (Monday-Friday 9am-2pm)
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
- Robust medical and dental plan
- Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- And more!
The Housekeeping Team Member is responsible for providing direct services to the residents of Shillman House, an independent living community for older adults, in the form of housekeeping and laundry and may be called upon to provide housekeeping services in Shillman House Common Areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Adhere to a work schedule that provides for cleaning in apartments to which they are assigned
- Clean and sanitize kitchen (all surfaces and fixtures) and bathroom (sink, shower, toilet, and fixtures)
- Sweep and mop floors in kitchen and bathroom, vacuum carpeted floor
- Dust all surfaces, clean window sills
- Empty household rubbish and recyclables
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of residents’ apartments
- Collect residents’ towels and sheets, strip bed if necessary
- Fold clean laundry, launder personal laundry according to instructions
- Observe and report changes in residents' condition, behavior, or mental status, as well as any unusual occurrences promptly to a manager or Executive Director
- Assure confidentiality of all resident information
- Ensure that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire, and sanitation codes by being familiar with their role in carrying out the site's fire, safety, and disaster plans and current MSDS
- Adhere to all safety policies, including reporting/removing hazards immediately; wear gloves as needed.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, bending, or using equipment
- Immediately report any personal accident or work-related injury to a manager or Human Resources.
- Use equipment and supplies in an appropriate and cost-effective manner
- Attend all required in-service education programs
- Under minimal supervision, perform housekeeping and laundry services. Under direct supervision, assist with special cleaning and related projects
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other tasks as necessary and requested by the manager or Maintenance
- May be responsible for periodic cleaning of some of the facility's common areas, restrooms, and hallways
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to speak, read and write effectively in English.
- 1-3 years previous experience in a hospitality environment and interaction with older adults preferred but not required
- Comprehend the need for proper cleaning, sanitizing, and housekeeping techniques
- Encourages and supports the concept of Independent Living
- Must be dependable, interested, and demonstrated ability to work with older adults. Must be able to relate and work well with the ill, disabled, elderly, and at times emotionally upset or hostile people.
- Possess the ability to positively interact with personnel, customers, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
- Must possess an ability to learn technical aspects of the position
- Must be willing to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Basic ability to problem solve, accept direction and utilize supervision to enhance work performance
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be physically able to twist, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, climb stairs, lift and carry equipment and supplies to a minimum of shoulder height weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Must have the physical stamina to complete job-related tasks throughout the workday.
- Must be aware of and compliant with the OSHA guidelines and aware of rules for handling potentially hazardous or infectious materials.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of the work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
We desire to build and cultivate an inclusive environment that brings together a diverse workforce with unique experiences, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.