Position Title: Group Services Coordinator/Front Desk Ambassador, Brown Family House in Brookline, MA
Reports To: Executive Director/Resident Services Director
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse resident as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have four campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future.
The Group Services Coordinator/Front Desk Ambassador (GSC/FDA) provides general reception services and office support by greeting and assisting visitors, preparing for meetings/events, maintaining office supply inventory and stock, supporting data based tasks for other departments, and answering the phone. The GSC/FDA handles incoming and outgoing communications, and serves as an ambassador for 2Life Communities tenants and staff. The GSC/FDA is someone who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team and has the ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized.
The GSC/FDA is responsible for sourcing, scheduling and supporting group activities at Brown Family House, and providing administrative support to the Executive Director/Resident Services Director (ED/RSD). The GSC/FDA will work directly with the ED/RSD to meet the strategic plan initiatives of Life Long Learning, Inter-Cultural Understanding, and Village Center. They will adhere to 2Life Communities and Brown Family House program mission and philosophy, and will maintain high quality programs and services for 2Life Communities/Brown Family House residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Source, create, schedule, supervise, and promote group programs for all resident groups at Brown Family House and for community participants;
- Network to identify and coordinate cultural, educational, wellness, and social programs. Generate ideas for such programs.
- Coordinate and execute at all programs, activities, entertainment, and other events, including coordination with instructors and vendors.
- Collaborate with peers in other 2Life Communities, as well as venues or organizations in the general community
- Collaborate and coordinate with 2Life Communities Fitness & Wellness Director, Inter-Generation Program Director, and Director of Village Center on related programs for Brown Family House residents to support all aspects of wellbeing.
- Promote resident participation with personal enthusiasm and relationship building.
- Plan and organize large scale annual events including but not limited to: Passover Seder, Rosh Hashanah luncheon, Winter Holiday party, Candidates night, Chinese New Year, Victory Day party, Autumn Moon Festival, etc. Coordinate with Maintenance and other staff.
- Empower and support residents to organize and run programs, ensuring adherence to 2Life Communities & Brown Family House policies. Place calls to residents to remind about programs and meetings.
- Produce informative, visually engaging flyers for programs and other notices and signs. Obtain translations and distribute. Maintain and update all electronic boards and bulletin boards and other locations for flyers, notices, and community information.
- Buy and set up refreshments, coordinate with other staff as needed. Set up for programs and clean up and re-set room after programs.
- Administer common room reservations and maintain program calendars, van schedule, and Google calendars.
- Collect and enter attendance data, volunteer data, and other information into various spreadsheets and databases as directed.
- Provide administrative and office support for 2Life’s Brown Family Campus and the Executive Director, including but not limited to photocopying, faxing, scanning, sorting mail, data entry, documentation, filing, delivering notices, print and distribution of monthly Brown Family House newsletter, and weekly calendar of events, etc.
- Design and maintain photo directory of residents.
- Provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for residents, guests and visitors entering 2Life and to act as an effective liaison for all those seeking to access information and services.
- Provide general reception services for the Brown Campus by answering the telephone and greeting visitors in an upbeat, courteous, and respectful manner. Respond to resident emergency calls with other staff (during business hours).
- Handle all incoming packages and the process for noting package arrivals, including contacting tenants to ensure they are notified that a package/mail has arrived for them and it is picked up from the lobby area in a timely manner.
- Manage the process of informing and providing individuals with contact information if their cars are towed from our parking lots. This process includes forming and maintaining a relationship with our contracted towing company and processing knowledge of our parking rules and expectations. Ensuring that parking placards are given to individuals who are approved by administrative personnel.
- Maintain, track and order inventory of office supplies, including coffee and other refreshment supplies as necessary.
- Maintain a proper and user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents relevant to the operation of the front desk.
Create and maintain useful databases for future tracking of guests, providers, and collaterals who work with and support 2Life.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other administrative duties as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent follow-through, organization and communication skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; be proactive and a problem-solver.
- Flexibility to be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite software, database and other record keeping systems.
- Comfortable with older adults in residential setting; patient & positive.
- Fluent in English; spoken and written. Fluency in Russian, Spanish or Cantonese preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Comfortable with technology.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment.
- Ability to walk throughout the building while carrying and delivering heavy stacks of paper, food and other paper goods.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.