Position Title: Front Desk Ambassador
Reports To: Executive Director
Campus: Shillman House located in Framingham, MA
Compensation: nonexempt, $19/hour
Full-time, benefits eligible
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
- Robust medical and dental plan
- Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- And more!
The Front Desk Ambassador provides general reception services and office support by greeting and assisting visitors and answering the phone. The Front Desk Ambassador handles incoming and outgoing communications and ambassadors for 2Life Communities tenants and staff. The Front Desk Ambassador is warm and friendly, efficient, and comfortable being a team member and can multi-task. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, and organized.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for residents, guests, and visitors entering 2Life and act as an effective liaison for all those seeking to access information and services.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Executive Director and data-based assignments for other departments negotiated through the Executive Director. Tasks include but are not limited to schedule and meeting coordination, correspondence, letter and document production, and file maintenance.
- Provide general reception services by answering the telephone and greeting visitors positively, courteously, and respectfully.
- Handle all incoming packages and the process for noting package arrivals, including contacting tenants to notify them that a package/mail has arrived for them and is picked up from the lobby area promptly.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, including coffee and other refreshment supplies—track and order supplies as necessary.
- Provide general administrative support, including but not limited to data entry, documentation, printing, photocopying, faxing, scanning, distributing notices, and filing.
- Maintain a proper and user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking all documents relevant to the operation of the front desk.
- Create and maintain valuable databases for future tracking of guests, providers, and collaterals who work with and support 2Life.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brighton Campus location-specific responsibilities: Manage the process of informing and providing individuals with contact information if their cars are towed from our parking lots. This process includes forming and maintaining a relationship with our contracted towing company, processing knowledge of our parking rules and expectations and ensuring that parking placards are given to approved individuals by administrative personnel.
- Coleman and Golda Meir House location-specific responsibilities: Receive and dispatch Maintenance Department work orders and emergencies to appropriate staff. Issue Preventive Maintenance (PM) work orders to the Maintenance Staff each morning for completion.
- Shillman House location-specific responsibilities: Assist residents with scheduling transportation. Report unusual resident behavior to Resident Services Director. May supervise volunteers occasionally.
- Perform some research duties when required by 2Life administration.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma.
- Communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and general computer proficiency. Fluent in English.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment. Frequent sitting, standing, lifting to 25 lbs., and walking.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.