Status: Full Time
Reports to: Chief of Operations
**Position start date expected to be around January 2019
The Executive Director/Resident Services Director (ED/RSD) for 2Life Communities’ Harold and Ronald Brown Family House at 370 Harvard Street in Brookline, MA will be a unique position within the agency. Along with a staff of 3 (Front Desk Ambassador/Group Services, Custodian, Maintenance Mechanic), this blended position of ED/RSD at the 60 unit stand alone site will have responsibility for the overall management of a new 2Life campus. This includes establishing an inclusive, engaging and supportive community environment for residents. The Ed/RSD will serve as a liaison with Congregation Kehillath and other campus partners. The ED/RSD strives to ensure compliance with Housing & Urban Development (HUD) regulation(s) and meeting on-going finance, maintenance, programming, occupancy, community relations and resident services expectations at a residential community for independent older adults. As the ED/RSD, this position oversees and participates in the development and delivery of supportive and engaging programs for all residents (with support of larger agency program team). This includes welcoming, assessment, and on-going support of residents. The ED/RSD is the on-site leader and spokesperson for the campus. The ED/RSD takes the lead (with agency-wide department(s) support) for the marketing and occupancy of site rental units, developing annual budgets, site services, and programs. The ED/RSD ensures the site maintains an engaging and active environment that reflects the agency’s “resident-centric” philosophy. The ED/RSD functions as part of the agency-wide Operations Team, Extended Leadership Team and other work groups through participation in efforts to ensure best practices and resident supported activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining full occupancy in rental units thru coordination and allocation of resources related to maintenance, tenant selection, eligibility & compliance, marketing of property, etc.
- Development of annual site budget in collaboration with fiscal department.
- Oversight of all site-based services and programs.
- Supervision of all site-based staff.
- Oversight of site commercial space.
- Working with related agency departments as needed on implementation of new programs, renovations, pilots, etc.
- Hire, Coach and Supervise all site-based staff in a collaborative team-building effort.
- Maintaining good resident relations throughout the site including an active Tenant Council/Advisory Committee.
- Ensure best practices in resident & group services coordination.
- Oversight and delivery of case management services to residents.
- Encourage and support new programming to foster environment of resident-centric activities and services that are welcoming, inclusive and empowering.
- Conflict resolution related to resident concerns and relations.
- Adherence to all regulatory, compliance, reporting, inspection and permitting requirements.
- Foster the sharing of information to ensure common/accurate understanding of resident life
- Create and maintain relationships with appropriate community services.
Responsible for all staffing and personnel decisions at the site.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Typical office environment, regular use of office equipment, computer, office supplies, lifting up to 20 pounds.
Business casual working environment, regular computer usage and other applicable office equipment.
Occasional nights & weekends including emergency response.
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
- Leadership capabilities and ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and personnel management skills.
- Proven ability in design, development and implementation of new programming.
- Experience with management of a housing site.
- Computer literacy.
- Five years experience in similar role and/or responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience and/or advanced degree in related field preferred.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
• Frequent sitting, standing, lifting up to 25 lbs., and walking.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org