Position Title: Director of Resident Services, Brighton Campus
Reports To: Executive Director, Brighton Campus
FLSA Classification: Exempt
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We currently have five campuses with plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future. The Director of Resident Services is an important management position that will provide strong leadership for our resident services team.
The Director of Resident Services at the Brighton campus, in conjunction with the 2Life Extended Leadership team, establishes and monitors standards, policies and processes to support tenants to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. The Director of Resident Services works in partnership with the Brighton Executive Director and directly interfaces with multiple organizational departments to meet campus and organizational goals and strategic plans. The Director is responsible to create a warm and engaging environment that supports a high quality of life and strong connections for this diverse community. The Director of Resident Services provides direct supervision and leadership to the Brighton Resident Services Coordinators and serves in other leadership positions in support of the organization’s initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Ensure adoption of “best practices” in resident service care coordination, including collaborating with 2Life Program and Resident Services staff across all 2Life campuses to refine, document, and lead a set of “best practices”
- Provide oversight and delivery of case management services (i.e. evaluation of social, psychological, and physical needs) for residents
- Provide consultation to 2Life staff regarding tenant mental health needs/concerns
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies and procedures (i.e., fair housing, safety, mandated reporting, etc.)
- Ensure Brighton Resident Services staff are fully engaged and participating in processes for measurement and evaluation, an important component of 2Life’s commitment to be reflective practitioners by using data to inform and impact policies, practices and possibilities
- Support Resident Service staff to work closely with other departments, most notably Compliance, Accounting and Maintenance, to enable residents to successfully comply with Housing Regulations and help residents maintain their safety and ongoing tenancy
- Identify and adhere to individual and group training needs, updated certification and provide or arrange for appropriate training for Resident Services staff, in consultation with the 2Life Training Institute’s Director of Training
- Monitor and implement the yearly Brighton Resident Services budget in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Collaborate with the Compliance Department and Maintenance Department to assure effective processes and protocols for inspections, move ins, leasing violations, resident rules and regulation compliance and operations
- Collaborate with Fund Development to write grants for services and programs
- Ensure all suspected elders at risk situations are reported to the appropriate agency. Serve as lead for combined risk management team comprised of Brighton RSCs and CBES
- Lead and implement behavioral health initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Programs and Health Care Intergration
- Maintain data base submissions by RSCs, train new RSCs on Saleforce, utilize RSD Salesforce reports to monitor care coordination, and consistent reporting for resident notes, assessments, and re-assessments in compliance with HUD guidelines
- Attend trainings consistently to stay current with innovative leadership skills, care coordination supervisor skills, HUD management certifications, senior housing compliance expectations and senior insurance mandates and services
- Advocate, in conjunction with the 2Life Senior and Extended Leadership teams, on behalf of residents for adequate, timely and cost effective provision of services
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain relationships with relevant service providers and community organizations
- Participate in community committees, conferences and events that advocate for older adults and for affordable housing
- Supervise social work interns and interns from other fields if necessary
- Assess and recommend new opportunities for introduction and integration into 2Life Communities
- Actively participate on 2Life task forces and committees
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- LICSW/LMHC with a Master’s Degree in social services and a minimum of five years post Master’s degree experience
- Diverse individuals or individuals who are bilingual are preferred
- Progressive clinical, supervisory, and administrative experience working with vulnerable populations; preferably with experience with care coordination, for seniors
- Cultural competency/interest in diverse populations currently served by 2Life and potential future groups
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong team building and management skills
- Understanding and commitment to 2Life’s mission and expansion plans
- Able to travel to all 2Life campuses for meetings or trainings or offsite for trainings
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for all Resident Service staff in Brighton or others as assigned by the Executive Director
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment with the capacity to operate remotely if required or necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.