Title: Director of IT (Information Technology)
Reports To: CFO
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse resident as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have four campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future. The Director of Information Technology is a new position that will provide more clarity and focus on our technology needs in support of our strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Formulate and deploy short and long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and technology solutions for the organization.
- Identify and implement industry best practices regarding improvements and enhancements to network, cloud, server, desktop and application architectures.
- Develop an integrated view of the agency’s processes and supporting technology, using a repeatable approach and cohesive framework (Business Architecture).
- Steward the evolution and maintenance of 2Life Communities key internal processes, which leverage a number of technology systems including SalesForce and RealPage, through direct support and management of 2Life Communities technical support vendors.
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems / opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training and/or software procurement.
- Lead effort to identify capability needs and prioritization of technology investments (infrastructure, back office, measurement & evaluation, and resident facing technologies)
- Develop a technology roadmap that rationalizes our applications architecture, ensuring integration across applications, where appropriate, in accordance with best practices.
- Manage the IT budget, ensuring resources are optimized to meet the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Contribute to cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of agency-wide hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop and maintain all IT policies and procedures, including those for applications, data architecture, SLAs, servers, security, and disaster recovery.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least 10-12 years of relevant experience in IT strategy, planning and operations.
- Substantial experience with system design, development, and maintenance across any or all aspects of typical software lifecycles, from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management and support.
- Experience helping an organization make decisions around technology investments that resulted in a cohesive and well-understood application architecture.
- A systems thinker, who has a passion for using technology to solve challenges, and can demonstrate an ability to look at disparate processes, understand the core functions needed to run those processes, and envision and evolve systems to support their effective use
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- An ability to train non-technical users on technical systems, steward the roll out of new processes and encourage strong user adoption and accountability
- An excellent problem solver and critical thinker who can synthesize information, ask insightful questions, and spot trends quickly
- Flexible and successful in a work environment where competing priorities are the norm; comfortable with ambiguity
- A demonstrated capacity both to work independently and to collaborate within teams
- A strong customer service mindset with ability to forge and maintain trusting and productive working relationships with a wide-variety of internal and external partners.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – Responsible for supervising IT Manager and IT Support Specialist.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.