Position Title: Director of Fitness & Wellness
Reports To: Director of Programs
Campus: Brighton, MA
Compensation: Exempt, $75,000-$85,000 based on experience
Full-time, benefits eligible
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
- Robust medical and dental plan
- Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- And more!
The Director of Fitness & Wellness leads 2Life's Health and Wellness Programming, partnering with residents and staff to support healthful living based on resident preferences. This involves a blend of direct resident engagement and program planning and administration. The preferred candidate will bring experience in various areas of elder health and wellness, a background in program planning and development, and a proven ability to lead and motivate staff. The Fitness & Wellness program embodies the 2Life mission by maximizing the functional independence of residents to ensure their health, dignity, and mobility in daily living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Direct and lead daily exercise classes and supervise gym usage for residents at all 2Life sites.
- Design, upgrade and expand the program's scope, implementing new, innovative, and evidence-based exercise programs.
- Evaluate residents for the use of strength training exercise equipment for both supervised and unsupervised gym usage, and track the progress of all participants.
- Collaborate with residents' physical therapists and physicians to begin or continue an exercise program after illness, surgery, or injury.
- Hire, train, and supervise all fitness staff and interns to maintain program consistency, growth, and safe practices and ensure the implementation of fitness policies, goals, and standards.
- Supervise and work closely with the campus Wellness RN Consultants on health education and fall prevention.
- Communicate regularly with campus teams, Program Directors, and members of the Senior Leadership Team concerning resident health and safety, best practices, and measurement of key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with other senior housing professionals to stay updated on current trends, new exercise equipment, current research, and leverage grant funding.
- Collaborate with local universities, community agencies, and health care institutions on program initiatives, including research, exercise interventions, balance strategies, and fall prevention.
- Provide wellness workshops and intervention exercise programs on an ongoing basis to residents, and include collaborative partners in these interventions whenever possible.
- Close collaboration with the Fund Development Department on grant exploration, applications, and presentations to potential and existing donors.
- Develop and monitor program budget and track all expenditures.
- Provide regular updates to 2Life staff regarding the Fitness & Wellness Program, including but not limited to resident usage and upcoming activities and events.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in exercise science, physical or occupational therapy, or another health-related field, and 5+ years of progressive health and wellness experience.
- Senior Fitness Specialization (SFS) certification.
- Leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and promote a culture of teamwork, cooperation, enthusiasm, and customer service.
- Forward-thinking and ability to establish a culture that embraces innovation and change in a vibrant and fast-growing organization.
- Managerial and supervision experience with expertise in helping staff succeed through extraordinary times.
- Experience with program evaluation, measurement, and key performance indicators.
- Desire and ability to work with older adults in a compassionate, patient, and understanding manner, including individuals with memory impairment.
- Senior Independent Living, Assisted Living or Long-Term Care, or Hospital experience preferred.
- Robust assessment, communication, and people skills are required.
- Computer skills including but are not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Work Space.
- Experience with budget management preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for all Fitness & Wellness staff.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, stretch, stand and lift (fitness) equipment up to 20 pounds.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.