Position Title: Digital Content Specialist
Reports To: Director of Communications
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse resident as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have five campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future. The Digital Content Manager is a new position that will support the Director of Communications in producing, maintaining and updating digital content in support of our marketing, communications, and fund development strategies and the 2Life strategic plan.
The Digital Content Specialist (DCS) is responsible for creating, maintaining and updating brand-consistent content on our digital media platforms. She/he/they supports the Director of Communications (DOC), Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in overseeing and executing on the brand vision and ensuring the voice and integrity of the brand are maintained across our digital media.
The DCS will create content strategies, research trends and stay current with digital and social media standards. S/he will create content, including the design and writing of content in keeping with brand standards. The DCS will focus on digital media, but may also have opportunities to work in print.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understand 2Life’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan as well as the organization’s products, services and audiences
- Execute on a comprehensive digital strategy across website, email marketing, targeted blogs, podcasts and social media
- Adhere to a timeline and measurable goals, objectives and outcomes
- Oversee content changes and updates for websites developed in both Drupal and WordPress
- Develop and schedule planned content for social media at the 2Life and site level
- Support site teams in the consistent use of social media platforms
- Follow brand guidelines and maintain consistent messaging across all forms of communications
- Work collaboratively with other members of the communications, marketing and fund development teams
- Work with site teams and resources
- Understand and track digital analytics for websites, social media, and search. Make recommendations to the DOC for enhancing effectiveness.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage a calendar of digital communications activities
- Monitor project budget(s) and report on projections on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct A-B testing to determine optimal configuration of content
- Develop and edit video content
- Publish digital marketing content online
- Implement email marketing campaigns
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategy
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of social media campaigns
- Define the most important social media KPIs
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 years’ experience in digital communications and graphic design
- Understanding of website UX and design standards
- Familiarity with Drupal and Wordpress front-end programming and CMS tools
- Strong graphic design skills and familiarity with nDesign, photoshop
- Understanding of website development, user interface design and content strategy and development
- Proficiency with a wide variety of digital content creation, publishing, and project management tools and platforms
- Facility with dashboards, analytics tools
- Experience with Acton or comparable marketing automation platforms desirable
- Collaborative professional demeanor and ability to build positive working relationships across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.