Reports To: Director of Resident Services
Status: Part Time, 35 hours a week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Editing English and Chinese versions of monthly newsletters for all 2Life sites for tenants.
- Updating versions of handbooks, training materials, inspections/maintenance notifications, announcements, informational postings and any other documents needed by each site on a regular basis.
- Updating and translating Emergency Preparedness brochure
- Maintenance notices and memos on any works being performed in the buildings or outside, such as water and electricity shut-offs, parking cleaning, carpet replacement, apartment repainting, medical and fire alarm testing, window washing, new parking regulations, sticker replacement, laundry guidelines, inspection announcements etc.
- Compliance notices, rent increase notices, translation at tenant meetings with documents signing, emergency cards, notices, etc.
- Wellness and fitness program letters to tenants, rules for the machines, class schedules, materials about fall prevention, in-house program, fee letters and other notices.
- Resident Services flyers advertising concerts and other events, letters to tenants (conflict resolution issues), letters from tenants to the management, material pertaining to various annual projects, like Pest Control, Flu Shots Clinic, Holiday celebrations, Food and Clothing Drive, Holiday collection, Computer Center, Table Tennis program etc.
- Interpreting at all 2Life Community Events
- Generation Together program materials, Annual Appeal letters for Fundraising department, confidentiality forms, notices for the kitchen and for the HUT store, various surveys, reconstruction project letters, everyday notices and memos, and other written and oral translations, as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, file or lift office supplies up to 20 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Must be fluent in Chinese (Preferably Mandarin and Cantonese but not required to have proficiency in both languages); Ability to translate and interpret; ability to utilize translation equipment if necessary (Preferable but not required.)
High School Diploma/GED required; BA preferred.
Previous experience utilizing Chinese language skills to interpret and translate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.