Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life Communities welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose. We value diversity amongst our staff and strive for cultural competency. What we all have in common is the belief that we can play a part in making the world a better place.
Taking care of the members of our community is central to our mission—and that includes our employees. We know that you’ll be at your best when you feel confident that your needs are being met. That’s why we offer a very generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Blue New England) - Competitive pre-tax rates based on hours worked and sliding scale by salary level
- Health Reimbursement Account – Reimburses first half of medical deductible
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account - Medical and Dependent Care
- Commuter Choice transit account
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match and Safe Harbor contribution
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability tax choice benefit
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation time - three weeks per year for first three years, four weeks per year thereafter
- Additional paid time off including ten sick days, twelve paid holidays (including some Jewish and Chinese holidays), two personal days, and two floating holidays
- Generous paid parental leave
- Fitness program, including use of gym and ability to attend fitness classes at all sites
- Tuition assistance
We invest in our employees, offering a variety of professional development opportunities and promoting from within whenever possible. In fact, many members of our staff have been at 2Life for five, ten, twenty, or even thirty years! We regularly send employees to conferences, workshops, trainings, events, and classes related to their work and our field, and encourage our staff to share their expertise by presenting at such events as well.
Through the 2Life Communities Training Institute, staff have the opportunity to learn more about issues that impact our residents, and to earn CEUs in workshops that help hone or advance their skills. Recent topics have included CPR, hoarding, LGBTQ+ older adults, and working with chronically homeless older adults. For the convenience of our employees, most Training Institute programs are offered right on one of our campuses.
We are looking for people who value the experience and wisdom of older adults, who think everyone deserves a safe place to live, and who want to contribute to our diverse and thriving community. See below for a list of current openings.
Fund Development Administrator, Brighton
Will provide administrative ad project-based guidance and support to a 6 -person Fund Development Department.
Maintenance Mechanic I, Brighton
Performs general maintenance.
Program Bilingual Support-Chinese, Golda Meir House
Join our Joyful Connections Program, providing support to our Chinese-speaking residents.
Event Planning Associate, Brighton
Manages and supports 2Life events
Director of Fitness & Wellness, Brighton
Leads 2Life's Health & Wellness Programming, partnering with residents and staff to support healthful living
Geriatric Fitness & Wellness Intern, Brighton
Engages our residents in a meaningful experience, offering diverse choices of exercise, health & wellness and expressive therapy programs that contribute to healthy aging
Responsible for the sale of market-rate apartment residences to qualified seniors
Maintenance Clerk, Brighton
Performs general administrative office work to support the Maintenance Department
Wait Staff (Temporary, Part-Time), Shillman House
Responsible for carrying out duties to greet, wait on table, and bus tables for independent elder residents and their families or guests.
Prep Cook (Part-Time,30 hours/week), Shillman House
Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep tasks.
Residential Services Coordinator, Brighton
Provides individual residents and their families with support to access social services, assists in resolving tenancy problems, and follow up on resident issues.
Facilities Administrator, Brighton
Provides a high level of customer service and support to the Facilities team