Age Affordably. Live Well.
Live in community in the heart of Coolidge Corner, with all the services and amenities you need, and affordable rents. The Harold and Ronald Brown Family House, a brand new sustainable building by 2Life Communities offers:
- Select apartment and building amenities
- 2Life’s award-winning programs and services
- Convenient location close to everything you need in Coolidge Corner
- Affordable rental prices for all qualified applicants*
There is no better neighborhood in the United States for an older adult to live in [than Coolidge Corner]. - Len Fishman, Director of UMass-Gerontology
Why Brown Family House?
Select Apartment Amenities
- Fully equipped kitchens with quartz countertops and dishwashers
- Adaptable kitchen and bathroom design
- Individually controlled central A/C and heat
- Cable/internet ready
- Keyless entry and video intercom
Select Building Amenities
- Building with two elevators
- Community living room with fireplace
- Multi-purpose room and card room
- Ground floor public WiFi
- Washer/Dryer on every floor
- Private courtyard and community terrace with views of downtown Boston
- Beautiful public pocket park
- Community-oriented ground floor retail
- Connection to Congregation Kehillath Israel
Award-Winning Programs and Services
- On-site highly-qualified 2Life staff provide resident services including fitness classes, wellness services, cultural, social and intergenerational programs
- Resident services staff provide benefits and care coordination, translation services and more
- 24-hour emergency on-site 2Life staff response
- Popular dining, coffee shops, grocery stores, boutiques, an independent bookstore, pharmacies, Coolidge Corner Theater, houses of worship, geriatric primary care medical practice and more
- Just around the corner, Brookline Senior Center provides a gym, computer lab, music classes, daily congregate meals, HELP referral service, frequent celebrations and more
- Connection to Congregation Kehillath Israel and its campus partners providing social, wellness and educational programs to the wider community, welcoming people of all ages and backgrounds
Great Transportation Access
- MBTA Green Line (B&C) and 66 Bus route
- Additional scheduled van trips from 2Life, Town of Brookline Elderbus and TRIPPS transportation assistance
- Zipcar Ride Share on-site
- Please note: no resident parking available
Affordable Rental Rates
One and two bedroom apartments affordable to senior households at a range of incomes
- 49 apartments for low income households up to 60% of the area median income
- 8 apartments for moderate income households up to 110% of the area median income
- 3 apartments with rents priced below market
*Information contained herein subject to change without notice. Use and occupancy restrictions apply.
- Avg. 1BR - 600 sf and Avg. 2BR - 815 sf
- 4 apartments for mobility impaired, 2 apartments for sensory impaired
- AMI = Area Median Income for 2020. Households must fall below gross annual income.
- Please inquire in advance for reasonable accommodations..
Apply to Live at Brown:
As of June 1, 2020, the wait list for housing applications for the rental-assisted apartments at 30% and 50% of Area Median Income is closed. This is because the approximate wait time for these apartments is anticipated to be greater than five years.
We are currently accepting applications from the following applicants:
- All applicants interested in the Unrestricted apartments
- Qualified applicants whose annual income is below the current 110% Area Median Income limits
- Qualified applicants whose annual income is at least $26,000, and below the current 60% Area Median Income limits.
- Qualified applicants with mobile housing vouchers.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your application to 30 Wallingford Road, Brighton MA 02135 (Do not mail to 370 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446)
For all other application and leasing questions:
Call (617) 912-8491
Cindy Katzeff, Executive Director
Brown Family House: A 2Life Community
370 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446
Cindy is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, and practiced law for twenty-two years before joining 2Life, first as the Director of Resident Services at our Coleman House, and then as the Director of Village Centers for the organization. She also served as the Manager for all Senior Adult Programming at the JCC from 2008 to 2014. Cindy has a B.S. from St. Anselm College, a J.D. from Suffolk University Law School, and a Certificate in Change Leadership from Cornell University.