Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Golda Meir House
Reports To: Executive Director
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse resident as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being; and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have four campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults in the near future.
Responsible to provide administrative and clerical support to team members, including Executive Director, Resident Services and Compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Assists Occupancy Specialist with HUD and Tax Credit Program file preparation for each new move-in and each resident’s annual recertification, interim certification, etc. Highly detailed, specific and subject to annual audit, the file prep is precise and time-sensitive work.
- Processes invoices for payment, reconciles with general ledger monthly and identifies any questionable charges. Tracks use of corporate credit card associated receipts for monthly accounting review and troubleshoots any issues.
- Utilizes excellent technology skills to maintain meal program system; troubleshoot resident issues
- Writes building-wide notices for residents; obtains translations and distributes.
- Communicates with vendors as directed and assists at programs, activities, and other events
- Follows up with residents about programs and meetings as directed.
- Manages resident van and accounting procedures for van payments, as assigned
- Assists with resident related issues and problem solving, administrative tasks related to the construction project and other projects, including setting up spreadsheets to facilitate internal processes, and monitor appropriate use of these tools, following up on gaps as needed.
- Provides general administrative and office support, including but not limited to photocopying, faxing, scanning, sorting mail, etc.
- Purchase and maintain organization and inventory of all office supplies
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide backup support to Front Desk Ambassador
- Provides technology support to other staff as needed
- Other administrative duties as needed
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, record keeping systems; must have demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Ability to establish efficient processes and systems to support their own work and the team.
- Proactive and goal-driven; excellent follow-through, customer service, organization and communication skills; detail and team-oriented
- Comfortable with diverse population of older adults in residential setting; previous experience preferred.
- Fluent in English; spoken and written. Bilingual (Russian or Mandarin and Cantonese) preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment
- Property to begin construction in September 2020; can be noisy and dusty at times
- Must be able to comfortably walk a large building and lift 25 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about 2Life Communities, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.