THE BROWN FAMILY APPLICATION PERIOD UPDATE:
The application period will begin in Winter 2020. If you would like to receive email notifications about when applications will be available, please fill out this form.
If you have specific marketing and leasing questions at this time, please contact the 2Life Communities Leasing Office.
40 Wallingford Road, Brighton MA 02135
Congregation Kehillath Israel (KI) will share space on its Harvard Street campus—370 Harvard Street—for 2Life to develop 62 units of senior housing. Called the Harold and Ronald Brown Family House, the building will be physically and programmatically connected with KI. Along with a variety of campus partners, we will offer social, wellness, and educational programming to the wider community, welcoming people of all ages and backgrounds.
There is no better neighborhood in the United States for an older adult to live in [than Coolidge Corner].
- Len Fishman, Director of UMass-Gerontology
The planned state-of-the-art sustainable building will include:
- 62 affordable rental apartments for seniors 62 years of age and older with a range of incomes (a mix of one and two bedrooms)
- Inviting, vibrant resident common spaces
- 1,000 sf of ground-floor commercial space for community-oriented retail
- 2Life’s award-winning programs and services, including educational classes, intergenerational programs, senior-specific fitness classes, cultural events, and more
- A beautiful public pocket park on Harvard Street and a private landscaped courtyard
The Brown Family House will be centrally located near popular dining, coffee shops, boutiques, an independent bookstore, pharmacies, Coolidge Corner Theater, and much more. In addition to all that Coolidge Corner offers, residents can enjoy the programs and services at the Town of Brookline’s Senior Center a few blocks away.
A 2Life van will make scheduled trips, and there is easy access to public transit, including the MBTA Green Line and MBTA bus route 66 to Harvard Square and Brookline Village. There will be no resident parking available.
2Life Communities appreciates the local support we have received for the project. Throughout this process, the Town of Brookline and neighbors have been terrific partners, providing helpful insight that enhanced the design and gave us great program ideas. As a result of this process, the project received its 40B Comprehensive Permit and was awarded $3 million in local funding and over $18 million in state, federal, and LIHTC funding. The project will begin construction in the spring of 2019, and will be ready for occupancy in the summer of 2020.